If you want to manifest anything in your life, you must have a strong self-concept which would affirm that you indeed are worthy of having that thing, person or situation in your life.
Let’s learn more about the Self concept as taught by Neville Goddard himself and how to use this powerful concept to make all your desires a thriving reality.
The Self-Concept as taught by Neville Goddard
Self concept is at the core of all manifestation and Neville Goddard has eloquently summarized it in the following words:
“Change your conception of yourself and you will automatically change the world in which you live. Do not try to change people; they are only messengers telling you who you are. Revalue yourself and they will confirm the change.”— Neville Goddard
How does your Self Concept impact your Manifestations?
Neville Goddard has taught us that all reality is a physical manifestation of man’s thoughts and beliefs.
So, the reality you live in right now has also come into existence because of the beliefs and perceptions you held in your past. And the thoughts and beliefs you are installing in your subconscious right now, will determine how your future will turn out to be.
If you are struggling to manifest something and trying very desperately for it, the reason might be that you are not subconsciously ready to have it.
Yes. This really happens.
Have you seen lottery winners losing all of their money in a matter of months? Or people having a turbulent childhood finding it difficult to create and sustain relationships?
All of this happens because deep in their subconscious mind, they have a belief that they are not worthy of the money or the good relationships.
So, having a strong and empowering self-concept is the key to manifesting everything you desire in your life.
If you keep ignoring your self-concept and try fixing things on the outside then trust me – you are just wasting your time. You will see one failure after another and by chance if you get any success, it won’t last long. This is because you are trying to build a phenomenal, sturdy building over a wobbly foundation. No matter how much you build, it’s going to crumble one day because the foundation is not capable enough.
You cannot go against the laws of the universe and one of those laws is that every man gets in proportion to what he believes is possible for him.
Neville Goddard says that your concept of self is the root from which all your manifestations take birth so tending to this root is not a choice but rather a must.
How a Strong Self Concept helps you Manifest the Life of your Dreams?
When you have a super strong sense of self and you believe yourself to be worthy of all good things in life, it directly helps you to manifest what you want in life.
This is because you have faith in yourself and your abilities, which gives you the confidence to go after what you want.
When you believe in yourself, it opens up the floodgates of possibility, and allows new opportunities to come your way.
A strong self concept also allows you to stay positive through thick and thin, no matter what life throws your way. Thus, you would know that you can handle whatever comes your way, and this gives you the strength to keep moving forward.
Also when you know what you want and are sure that you rightfully deserve to have it, the whole universe conspires in your favor.
That’s the true power of a self-concept!
How to Change your Self Concept?
Changing your self-concept can take some time but it’s not impossible. All it requires is a little effort along with faith and consincy.
- The first step to change your self-concept is to become aware of the thoughts and beliefs that make up your current self-concept. Daily meditation can be a helpful tool in this regard. Once you’re aware of the beliefs and perceptions responsible for your current self-concept, you can then start to challenge, manipulate and eventually replace them with the more powerful ones.
- The second step to changing your self-concept is to practice positive affirmations. Affirmations are statements that reinforce positive thoughts and beliefs in your subconscious mind. They are super helpful to build a new, more positive self-concept. Affirmations however, should be repeated regularly and with as much conviction as possible.
Here is what Neville Goodard says about the power of positive affirmations:
“I AM wealthy, poor, healthy, sick, free, confined were first of all impressions or conditions felt before they became visible expressions. Your world is your consciousness objectified. Waste no time trying to change the outside; change the within or the impression; and the without or expression will take care of itself. When the truth of this statement dawns upon you, you will know that you have found the lost word or the key to every door. I AM (your consciousness) is the magical lost word which was made flesh in the likeness of that which you are conscious of being.”— Neville Goddard
Changing your self-concept takes a little time and patience but it’s definitely worth the effort because it is the first step for easy and effortless manifestation.
Best Self Concept Affirmations
Here are some super powerful self-concept affirmations that you can use to bring your best life to reality.
- I am a powerful soul.
- I am capable of achieving anything.
- I am a creator of my reality.
- I control how my life unfolds.
- Everything always works out to my advantage.
- Things and circumstances are always rigged in my favor.
- I am becoming luckier each day.
- Things work out magically for my highest good.
- I deserve the best in every area of my life.
- My life is incredible.
- I get everything my heart desires.
- I am so grateful for my life.
- I am so grateful for my blessings.
- Each day I am getting stronger at manifesting my desires.
- Nothing is impossible in my world.
- I can have whatever my heart desires.
- I am the creator of my life circumstances.
- I create an amazing life for myself and the people I love through the perfect use of my thoughts and feelings.
- I am loved and valued.
- I am wanted by everybody.
- I am the best.
- I am always a winner.
- I am always successful at everything I do.
- I am the universe’s favorite child, so all my needs and wants are always met, instantaneously.
- I am a leader.
- I deserve the best this universe has to offer.
- I am worthy of all the love and prosperity.
- My life is truly effortless.
- Everything always aligns to make way for my deepest desires.
- I love being the creator of my life.
- I am powerful beyond measure
- I am invincible.
- I am fearless.
- I am the one with infinite amounts of money.
- I am the one with all the health, wealth, and happiness in the world.
How to Best Use Self Concept Affirmations
To make the most out of self-concept affirmations, follow these steps:
- Every morning soon after getting up and before letting any outside information take hold in your mind, take out the list of self-concept affirmations.
- Set a timer of 10 minutes on your phone.
- Now start reading the affirmations loudly and continue doing so for 10 minutes.
- Do this every morning for a minimum of 21 days to see the magic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the self concept in manifestation?
You manifest according to the views and perceptions you hold about yourself. Thus, if you have a weak self-concept, you won’t be able to manifest positive things in your life.
Why is self concept important in the law of assumption?
The self-concept lies at the core of the law of assumption because you are only going to manifest what you think you deserve.
Why is self concept important in manifesting?
Your self concept is related to your core beliefs about yourself and what you deserve in life. Without a strong self concept, you will never be able to create a good life because deep down you won’t feel worthy of it.